Shalom and Welcome to Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim
Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim (KKBE) is more than just a house of worship. We are a vibrant, inclusive and caring congregational family. KKBE is committed to providing opportunities for practicing Reform Judaism in an atmosphere of serenity, warmth, mutual acceptance and historical significance. Founded in 1749 as a Sephardic Orthodox congregation, in 1841, Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim--also known as KKBE--was firmly committed to the path of religious Reform Judaism. Our sanctuary is the second oldest synagogue building in the United States and the oldest in continuous use. We invite you to experience for yourself KKBE’s rich past and vibrant present. Parking is usually available nearby at Charleston Place Garage on Hasell Street, the Wentworth Street Parking Garage and at the City of Charleston: Wentworth Street Garage.
CLICK HERE to read the blog written by some of our members while they were in Israel.
To make a donation please CLICK on the "Give" tab above.
Coming soon at Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim
- Thursday, June 27th, 2013 Brotherhood RiverDogs Game, 6:00 pm
- Friday, June 28th, 2013 East Cooper Shabbat Service, 7:00 pm (NO DOWNTOWN SERVICE)
- Sunday, July 7th, 2013 'Fun in the Sun' at the Citadel Beach House, Isle of Palms 4:00 pm to dark Register now!
- Friday, July 12th, 2013 Sharing Shabbat with Synagogue Emanu-El at KKBE, 8:00 pm
- Saturday, July 13th, 2013 Sharing Shabbat with Syangogue Emanu-El at Synagogue Emanu-El, 9:30 am
KKBE is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Click the link below to shop.