Shalom and Welcome to Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim
Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim (KKBE) is more than just a house of worship. We are a vibrant, inclusive and caring congregational family. KKBE is committed to providing opportunities for practicing Reform Judaism in an atmosphere of serenity, warmth, mutual acceptance and historical significance. Founded in 1749 as a Sephardic Orthodox congregation, in 1841, Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim--also known as KKBE--was firmly committed to the path of religious Reform Judaism. Our sanctuary is the second oldest synagogue building in the United States and the oldest in continuous use. We invite you to experience for yourself KKBE’s rich past and vibrant present. Parking is usually available nearby at Charleston Place Garage on Hasell Street, the Wentworth Street Parking Garage and at the City of Charleston: Wentworth Street Garage.
Funded in part by the Addlestone/Regenbogen Families Adult Education Fund and the Sisterhood of KKBE
Click HERE for the 2014/2015 Religious School registration form.
To make a donation please CLICK on the
- Thursday, October 30 at 7pm - Adult Education Program "Wandering in the Wilderness"
- Friday, October 31 at 8 pm - Shabbat Evening Service "Ghouls in the Shul" with Rabbi Stephanie M. Alexander
- Sunday, November 2 at 11 am - Viewing of "Ari Shavit with David Remnick:The Tragedy and Triumph of Israel". This may also be viewed from home by visiting www.92yondemand.org and searching Ari Shavit.
- Thursday, November 6 at 7 pm- Discussion of "Ari Shavit with David Remnick:The Tragedy and Triumph of Israel"
- Friday, November 7 - Congregational Dinner a 5:30 pm and Camp Shabbat Service at 7 pm. Wear white and get ready to relive your summer camp days. Oneg following the service provided by the KKBE Sisterhood in honor of their NEW Cookbook.
- Saturday, November 8 at 10 am - Shabbat Morning Service in our Sanctuary and Tot Shabbat for our youngest families in the Freudenberg Board Room. Community Kiddush to follow.
Join us for a tour of our Museum and Historic Sanctuary!
Docent Led Tour Times
Sunday - 1 pm to 3:30 pm (Last tour begins at 3 pm)
Monday through Friday - 10 am - Noon (Last tour begins at 11:30 am) &
1:30 pm to 3:30 pm (Last tour begins at 3 pm)
Friday - 10 am to Noon (Last tour begins at 11:30 am) &
1 pm to 3 pm (Last tour begins at 2:30 pm)
We kindly ask for a minimum donation of $5 per person to help preserve our historic properties.
Visit our Gift Shop, Chosen Treasures, for all of your Judaica needs!
Gift Shop Hours
Sunday through Thursday - 10 am to 4 pm
Friday 10 am to 3 pm