Shalom and Welcome to Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim
Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim (KKBE) is more than just a house of worship. We are a vibrant, inclusive and caring congregational family. KKBE is committed to providing opportunities for practicing Reform Judaism in an atmosphere of serenity, warmth, mutual acceptance and historical significance. Founded in 1749 as a Sephardic Orthodox congregation, in 1841, Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim--also known as KKBE--was firmly committed to the path of religious Reform Judaism. Our sanctuary is the second oldest synagogue building in the United States and the oldest in continuous use. We invite you to experience for yourself KKBE’s rich past and vibrant present. Parking is usually available nearby at Charleston Place Garage on Hasell Street, the Wentworth Street Parking Garage and at the City of Charleston: Wentworth Street Garage.
To make a donation please CLICK on the
- Saturday, April 12 Tot Shabbat at 10 am for ages 0-10 years of age.
- Tuesday, April 15 KKBE's 2nd Night Seder at 6pm ~ RSVP by Monday April 7 ~ Reservations Closed
- Saturday, April 26 East Cooper Havdallah Service at 7 pm Click here for more info
- Sunday, April 27 Brotherhood Brunch at 10:30 am, A Panel Discussion: The SC Home Defence Law ~ rsvp to Sewell Kahn by April 24 at email@example.com
- Sunday, April 27 Community Yom Hashoah Program 3 pm Click Here for mor info
- Friday, May 2 First Friday Congregational Dinner at 5:30 pm and Shabbat Service at 7 pm ~ Click Here to RSVP for the Dinner
KKBE is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Click the link below to shop.